Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Panasonis handset model kx-tga 106m, and the push…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonis...

I have a Panasonis handset model kx-tga 106m , and the push buttons will not function correctly. Were can I take it for repairs.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

It is a Panasonic Model kx-tg1061

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your KX-TG1061? What have you tried so far?

A month.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 7 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This can indicate a hardware failure in the base station or the handset. We most often see this type of damage as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.
The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Let me know the results, please.

Did not work some keys not all just don't respone when pushed.

Thank you for trying, just to be clear though is it only the cordless handset, or the base station buttons that aren't responding?

Only the cordless handset is the problem device, base unit works just fine.

Thank you for confirming,

unfortunately if the issue persists after the reset, it is a hardware failure and the handset would have to be replaced. They are not repairable.

Because it is an older model, they are no longer available new, but you can get used/refurbished models here: http://amzn.to/2iVMmhG

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fees to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.