Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Panasonic 6.0 plus and it has started displaying…

Customer Question
I have a...

I have a Panasonic 6.0 plus and it has started displaying i“Check tel line” and no longer has dial tone and can’t be used

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Panasonic 6.0 Plus

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic system? What have you tried so far?

Started today. I have unplugged base unit from power, removed batteries from handsets and disconnected phone line to the base unit plus takenn batteries out of all additional 3 handsets and disconnected them from power source

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Smartphone Expert to know before I connect you?

When I call the phone it rings once and goes to voicemail

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model should start with KX-TG).

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

KX-TG6541
Verizon
No other devices attached to this system - just Panasonic handsets

OK - the "Check tel line" display is usually caused by the main base unit NOT detecting a "valid" phone line signal.

This is typically caused by:

1) the phone SERVICE not working,

2) the phone CORD becoming disconnected, or

3) some kind of failure in the main base unit of the Panasonic system.

So may I ask if you can find a DIFFERENT phone - such as a basic corded phone - and connect it to the same phone jack (outlet) - to TEST if the SERVICE is working properly?

NOTE: Even a borrowed phone would do for this TEST.

Please let me know if you can do this test.

Thanks

I can’t do this test.

OK - as an alternative:

Do you have access to an outside phone - such as a cell phone - that can be used to place a TEST CALL to the landline number?

Please let me know (Yes/No)?

I have a cell phone and I have called the landline number already and it rings once and then goes to our voicemail message

Hi again and thanks for that information.

Can you now DISCONNECT the phone cord - from ANY device connected to the Verizon service - and leave it disconnected.

Then, after about a 2-3 minutes wait, place a NEW TEST CALL to the Verizon number - to TEST if the results have changed.

NOTES:

• ALL devices connected to the Verizon service should STILL be disconnected during this new TEST CALL.
  • The PURPOSE of this test call is to see if ANYTHING connected to the service is causing the issue.

Please let me know the results of this NEW TEST CALL.

Thanks

The phone cord is only connected to the base unit and I disconnected it and ran the test - same result - one ring and it went to out voicemail message. There are 3 other handsets in addition to the base unit but I assume they would be disconnected if the base unit is disconnected

May I ask WHERE is the other end of the PHONE CORD from the base connected?

Is it a phone jack in the wall, or some other location?

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)