Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I am having trouble setting up the answering machine.and the…

Customer Question
I am having...

I am having trouble setting up the answering machine.and the amount of rings before it picks up.

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your product?

Panasonic- model# ***** *****

Technician's Assistant: What have you tried so far with your Panasonic product?

To set up the answering machine. the date and time automatically came on.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Just need the answering machine set up and set for 2 rings before pick up

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/27/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you double-check and CONFIRM the FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? That model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station of the system.

2) How long have you had this system (hours.days, etc.)?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Was a previous message system attached to this phone line before this system was installed?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

the model# ***** ***** or kxtg510 for model. i have had this for about 5 days.my phone service provider is century link.
no phone call. if you can't help me, i will take it back to the store.

Thanks for that information.

May I also ask:

4) Was a previous message system attached to this phone line before this system was installed, and if so, was it removed or replaced with this system?

I only ask because the KX-TGD51x system does NOT appear to have a built-in answering system.

Thanks

what a rip off!! i hope i get my $5 back. you just more money for nothing!! i am done !!

As mentioned in my first note:

ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me).