Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Panasonic phone system. It goes directly to

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic phone system. It goes directly to messages how do I fix it

Technician's Assistant: What Panasonic model do you have?

When we receive a call there is a bell in the left bottom of the screen with a slash through it

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Panasonic phone? What have you tried so far?

Two three days. I think my 1yr old granddaughter punched some buttons. But I cannot figure it out

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone(s).

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model should start with KX-TG).

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Kxtgf370
We have Comcast for our phones they are the only phones attached to this line

Hi again and thanks for that information.

OK - do you have access to an outside phone - such as a cell phone - and can place a TEST CALL to the landline number? The idea is to call and listen, and to count any number of rings before the message system picks up the call. If that happens try to listen to the announcement and see if you can leave a brief TEST MESSAGE.

Please let me know if you can do that test (or not) and the results.

Thanks

We use Comcast for the answering system. It rings once goes to VM you can leave a message

OK - Can you still get a dial tone and make OUTGOING calls?

And can you listen to the VM messages that are left on the Comcast system?

Just cannot answer the phone it goes to voice mail

OK - this MAY be an issue with the Comcast VM settings - such as the number or rings before the system picks up.

BUT, the "bell in the left bottom of the screen with a slash through it" is usually a setting OF THE PANASONIC system - that tells you that the ringer volume is set to OFF.

To correct that, you should be able to do the following steps, to turn the ringer back ON.

1) Pick up any handset - while not on a call.

2) Press MENU then # 1 6 0 (pound-one-six-zero). This brings up the Ringer volume section of programming).
3) Press the UP (or DOWN) arrow on the handset, to adjust the ringer volume level.
4) Press the SAVE soft key (to save the setting).
5) Press the OFF button (to exit programming).

NOTE: This should be done on EACH handset that you want to adjust the ringer volume for.

Please give that a try and let me know what you see and hear during the process. Also, let me know if the bell with the slash goes away AFTER this programming.

Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)