Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

How do I take the silencer off my Bang & Olufsen cordless…

Customer Question
How do I take...

How do I take the silencer off my Bang & Olufsen cordless phone?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

Bio-something. I cannot find the manual on this phone. It has 2 lines, blue color. About 10-15 years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your phone system? What have you tried so far?

The phone company fixed the line, which had a short, but I tried to fix the phone myself. Which I thought was the problem. By doing so, I accidentally turned the silencer on. How do I turn it off. It has happened as soon as I started trying to fix the phone 2 days ago.

Technician's Assistant: The Phone System Technician will be able to walk you through that. The Phone System Technician will be able to walk you through that. Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

No, thanks.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 7 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
It may be that the phone is 'broken', from the sound of it.

I suggest that you unplug the phone from the line, and from the power.

And take the battery out of every handset for the phone, also, after turning all the cordless handsets OFF.

And leave the whole phone that way for at least 20 minutes.

Then plug in the phone's base unit to the power. And to the phone line.

Then put batteries back in the handsets, and turn them on, one by one, with 15 seconds between each turning on of the handsets.

See whether that cures the problem. It is does not, you may, unfortunately, have a defective phone.