Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I am seam to be unable to register more than one handset to…

Customer Question
Hi there I am...

Hi there I am seam to be unable to register more than one handset to the TC25255rE2 system. I have been trying everything. It isn't the handsets because I can remove one and register another but never more than just the one even though it says up to 10 handsets. Any thoughts?

Technician's Assistant: What's the brand/model of your phone system?

RCA Telefield TC25255RE2

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your TELEFIELD TC25255RE2? What have you tried so far?

I just installed it. Like I said I've tried removing the one and installing others, I've tried waiting until they are full charged, I've tried removing the battery from the handset and reinstalling it. No matter what only the one handset will register and the others will come up as saying the registration is complete on the base unit and handset but the handset display always reverts to the Press"Reg" to initiate registration screen.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

All good.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 7 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Can each handset be registered individually, one at a time?

Have you tried deregistering ALL handsets?

I have tried deregistering the one handset that will register. It doesn't matter which handset it is I can only register one. As soon as one is registered it will not register any of the others.

Just to confirm, did you deregister ALL registered handsets, so that none are registered?

Which deregistration method did you use - on the handset itself, or on the base station?

Try deregistering each handset from the base station until all are removed, then add them again one by one.

From the Phone Setting Menu:

1. Press the vol (- or +) button to scroll to the Deregistration .

2. Press SELECT Soft key. The list of all registered handsets will be shown, and use the

vol (- or +) button to scroll to your selection.

3. Press the SELECT Soft key. The screen displays Remove handset?.

4. Press YES Soft key to confirm de-registration.

Let me know if that works?
--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

Hi Pete, like I said only one will ever register, so when I deregister the one handset that is all. I deregistered from the base unit. Any other ideas?

That is very peculiar - if it won't let you re-register more than one handset then it seems the base station itself has a fault.

If you leave a second handset resting on the base station after registering the first handset, does it register at all?

When trying to register the second handset both the base and the handset say registration complete but then the handset just goes back to saying to register it.

Ok, then there definitely appears to be a fault with the base station.

You can arrange a repair through your local RCA dealer, or online at http://www.rca.com/support-products