Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Ringer ind. light and N/R blink continuously, how do I stop…

Customer Question
Ringer ind. light and...

Ringer ind. light and N/R blink continuously, how do I stop it? I recorded my greeting msg. but the base unit continues to play a precorded msg.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

KXTGE620

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just activated ,don't know what to do.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you double-check & CONFIRM the FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? I only ask because there may be a typo in the model sent (KXTGE620).

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the main system) attached to this same phone line?

4) Can you do a quick TEST for me? That TEST is to pick up any handset - while NOT on a call - press the TALK (or SP-PHONE) button, and QUICKLY LISTEN for a dial tone. Please let me know if you hear ANYTHING BEFORE the STEADY dial tone - such as a few beeps or pulsed dial tones.

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)