Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Panasonic KX TGA939T two line cordless phone system…

Customer Question
I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic KX TGA939T two line cordless phone system with a corded base unit and 7 cordless instruments. When I answer a call with the speaker phone feature on one of the cordless instruments, the system almost always cuts off and the call is lost, I checked the batteries in each instrument and they are charged. Can this be remedied?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

About ten years old.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For several months; I haven't been aware of any troubleshooting to try.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes. The ring on one of the cordless instruments is one continuous ring not the normal interrupted ring. Can that be fixed?

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Does this happen on all the handsets?
Does it happen if you answer in regular (not speakerphone) mode?

Does it happen on both lines?

in all.Not in regular,Yes, on both lines.

Thank you for confirming,

initially, this would indicate a hardware issue in the panasonic base station,

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

You want to charge me $26 for speaking live to an expert

The fees you paid initially cover this chat format.

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish. It appears you clicked to request a call, if you would like that it is an additional 26$, yes. If not, just let me know and I'll disregard it, you can follow the steps I indicated above to get started and we can continue talking here.

I don't want a live phone call.
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 4 months ago

Again, I am not asking you for one.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer