Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

When some one tries to call my number they get a your call…

Customer Question
When some one tries...

When some one tries to call my number they get a your call has be forward to an automated system

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Panasonic ky-tgea20

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It started 6 or 8 months ago and the phone provide couldn't find anything wrong except the automated system. Now it has started again. I had the voicemail features disconnect at xfinity but I can not receive calls because of the same problem

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes I have reset all the cordless phone, checked alarm systems, you name it I have done it.

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 4 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model sent is for a cordless handset).

2) Can OUTGOING calls still be made successfully?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Do you have access to an outside phone - such as a cell phone or neighbor's phone - that can be used for TEST CALLS to the landline number?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

The model numbers under the base phone is Model number is ***** S , my carrier is xfinity and i chat with support rep yesterday morning, The chat started 11:06 and ended 11:47 . He reset the box, ran a diagnostic test, with no result. I asked him to deactivate my voicemail features, still no result. He stated,"I did a test call it says that call is forwarded to automated voice message system. I asked him if he can delete the automated voice message system. He said it will take a maximum of 24hours to complete the request. I just called my phone(###) ###-####and I still can't receive incoming calls. I have plugged in a new telephone, checked alarm system line, test and reset them. nothing works,this has happened twice this year. I never had this problem when i was with my other provider.

Hi again,

I just saw your call request, but unfortunately I'm not near a phone right now to be able to call. However another expert may respond to your call request before I can reach a phone.

We can also continue here in this chat/text form.

If that will work for you, please let me know:

Thanks

I can continue with you, that is convenient for me

OK - can you tell me if OUTGOING CALLS still work?

Also, can you tell me about the TEST CALL made and EXACTLY what was heard during that call?

Example: some number of rings before the "automated system" announcement, IMMEDIATE pick up of the automated system, etc.

Thanks

outgoing calls can be made

Very good.

Also, can you tell me about the INCOMING TEST CALL made and EXACTLY what was heard during that call?

Examples: some number of rings before the "automated system" announcement, IMMEDIATE pick up of the automated system, etc.

Thanks

when the service rep called, my phone didn't ring, when he ran the tests, I couldn't hear anything because he was working from his office. my phone never respond to anything
no ring at all just the voice speaks

Hi again,

OK - for my clarification - do YOU have access to an outside phone - such as a cell phone - and are making these test calls to your landline number?

Yes/No

my cell phone

OK - very good.

As a next troubleshooting step/question, may I ask if there is a "main box" (modem) where a phone cord connects?

And if so, does that phone cord connect to a phone jack in the wall, or somewhere else?

in the infinity box, we disconnect that also today for 10 minutes

OK - please tell me EXACTLY how the PHONE CORD is connected to the box?

In other words, where does the phone cord connect - at EACH END?

on the xfinity box, the base telephone line goes into the telephone #1 while the internet line goes in to telephone/alarm #2
I just called and requested xfinity to send a tech out to my home to resolve this issue

Hi again,

Sorry for any delay - it appears that the communication system here had a problem for a while. But I think it is working now again.

So were the Comcast folks able to set up a QUICK VISIT, or are you "on the schedule" for a later time/day?

Thanks

I am schedule for tomorrow

OK - very good.

If you would like to TRY a couple more things today - you might want to try disconnecting BOTH phone lines AT the back of the Comcast box and LEAVE THEM DISCONNECTED for AT LEAST FIVE MINUTES.

THEN, while the phone cords are STILL DISCONNECTED, place a NEW TEST CALL to the Comcast number - to see if you hear ANY "rings" IN THE CALLING PHONE - BEFORE the voicemail announcement comes on.

IF that DOES happen, that tells us that "something" that WAS connected to one of those phone connections was making the line "appear" to be "busy", so it was switching the incoming calls IMMEDIATELY to the automated (voicemail) system.

I hope that all makes sense - as a way to TEST on our own.

Please let me know if you understand and can do this test.

Thanks, ***** *****

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer