Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I am & purchased a Panasonic Phone model KX-TGF570 how do I…

HI, I am gary...

HI, I am gary & purchased a Panasonic Phone model KX-TGF570 how do I retrieve messages remotely

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Sure it is a telephone model KX-TGF570

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have had the phone for only a week. I can retrieve the messages without a problem as long as I push the retrieve etc my problem is that I need to lesson to the messages when I am out of the house from my cell phone

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No I will be happy if I get this solved

11/20/2017
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello Gary & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) How do you normally listen to messages (push a "play" button on main base, dial into system, etc.)?

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Are you physically near the Panasonic system now, and have your cell phone with you (to TEST with)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Push Play Button on the main base
AT&T
Yes near the unit

Very good.

Now are there ANY NEW (unheard) messages currently stored in the Panasonic system?

I only ask so that we can simulate what happens when calling in from a remote location.

If there are NOT any new messages, we may want to START the process by calling the Panasonic system and leaving a short TEST MESSAGE - from the cell phone. But if you do this, do NOT play it back from the base unit, but just leave it there.

Then let me know you have successfully done that.

I am preparing some instructions for you - while you put that test message on the Panasonic system.

Thanks

I've left a message.

OK - very good.

I have attached (as an image) the instructions I prepared for you. You MAY have to click the link below to see those instructions.

The KEY to getting into the system remotely is to enter the remote code (default is 111) WHEN THE GREETING STARTS. This can be "tricky" on a cell phone because you have to have the "dial pad" showing at the time.

It is often easier to have the cell phone in SPEAKER mode too - so you can see the dial pad at the same time, to be able to enter the "control codes" for listening to messages.

So to start this TEST CALL, simply call the Panasonic number, enter that code when the greeting STARTS (and before it ends), and let me know if that gets you into the system.

Thanks

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
It worked. Thanks!

EXCELLENT!

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this phone system.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-