Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Model No. KX-TG2740S is stuck on mute. How can I get it off…

Customer Question
Model No. KX-TG2740S is...

Model No. KX-TG2740S is stuck on mute. How can I get it off mute?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Panasonic Model No. KX-TG2740S. Not sure when purchased. Three telephones in use

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Over onw week. Looked in manual. fix did not work.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What indication(s) do you have that the MUTE is active (any indicators flashing, your voice can not be heard during calls, etc.)?

2) I noticed that this is a 2-line system, so are both lines in use?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line(s)?

4) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line(s) and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Two lines is correct. Only one in use.Indicator on left soft key is MUTE. On the right soft key is MENUE.Phone service provider is Charter- Spectrum.No other problems except mute. No dial tone. Cannot hear answer to phone book caller.Please help get mute to go away.

Hi again,

OK - if you can't get a dial tone, I suspect that the mute function may not be the problem at all - but just a "symptom".

So may I ask:

4) Do you have ANY other phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line(s)?

OR - do you have a DIFFERENT phone that CAN be attached to the phone line - as a TEST (for dial tone)? Even a basic corded phone would do for this test.

Thanks

Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)