Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My Digital Corded/Cordless Answering Machine is difficult to…

Customer Question
My Digital Corded/Cordless Answering...

My Digital Corded/Cordless Answering Machine is difficult to hear when playing back messages or when putting on the speaker phone (like when on hold so to pick up when someone comes on) and I can't fix this. The hearing on the phone is fine.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

KX-TGF350

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For a couple of months. Tried raising the volume, but did not help this problem

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 5 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Does this happen on all the handsets, or just on the base station?

I don't play messages on the handsets, but the volume on the handsets is low for speakerphone

Is that only in speakerphone mode, or when using the earpiece speaker as well?

Hearing on the phone for conversations is just fine. The problem is only as reported--playing back messages is very low until the last few words, then it goes up. The speakerphone is so low you can barely tell it is on (like music playing when you are on hold.

Thank you for clarifying,

This indicates a hardware fault in the base station,

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
3) check for functionality.

The speakerphone seems improved, but the messages are still low, but go up the last few words.

Thank you for the update, I'm sorry I missed you yesterday, when you "opted out" a few minutes after your last post, I did not have time to receive your message and respond back, and was then blocked from being able to receive your message until now.

If the problem continues, this is a hardware failure in the base station as I mentioned before. There is no "fix" for that, as these systems are not repairable.

You would then have 2 options, you could either replace the phone system entirely (you can't buy just a base station alone), or you could keep using it as-is, but turn off the answering machine and instead use a voicemail service provided by your phone company. I can help with voicemail information or replacement recommendations if you'd like.

Hello, please opt-out will find another Expert. Not happy with the ans. Thanks!

I'm sorry I can't provide a more optimistic answer. This is a hardware issue and I can't change the facts of the diagnosis.

Best of luck to you,

Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

but Nathan said there was no solution other than to replace my phone system (which is about a year old) or switch to VM from my cable provider. So I gave up.

Yes, he was correct with his reply.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer