Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We just moved house and we have att installed. We have a…

Customer Question
Hi. We just moved...

Hi. We just moved house and we have att installed . We have a tech debt 6.0 and it is 10 years old and now all the handsets seem dead. We can receive calls and they go to answering machine and wifi and internet work

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Tech dect 6.0 and it is 10 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Since the att guy installed new service into the new home 3 days ago . Have done all the trouble shooting. The phones were in storage for 6?weeks

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that is everythin

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Richard, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Richard, Customer Service

Thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.

Can you tell me please what you are connecting the phones to for a signal? An AT&T box?

Please let me know

A modem in the house.

Can you tell me the make and model of the modem?

Thank you

Hello are u still there?

yes, I replied

Thank you

V tech Dect 6.0 and it is 10 years old

yes, I am referring to the modem it is connecting to

Oh it is ATT
Arris model
Just installed 3 days ago

Ok, on the back of it is a reset button, using a paperclip, and with it powered on, hold the reset button in for 5 seconds then release.

Wait 5 minutes and tell me if the phones then work please

I did this already and if I do this now I will lose my internet cctn
The reset did not work when I did it yesterday

Do you see anything on the screen of the phones?

No

Ok, in one of the handsets, can you replace the batteries with rechargable batteries and tell me if this helps please.

There are three handsets and three charging stations. None of them are working. When in the charging cradles the "charge " light on the base does light up.

ok, but can you replace the batteries in one of them please.

Umm I don't have any rechargeable battery sets hanging around. These phones all worked 6 weeks ago. Then we had to disconnect them and put the phones in storage for 6 weeks while we waited for our new house to be completed. Now they don't work but for accepting incoming calls to the main base which we cannot answer cos handsets appear dead

As long as you do not put them on a charger, put non rechargable into them just to see if the screen comes up

Ah put normal batteries in
Is that what you mean

yes, but do not put it on the charger, as they are not rechargable, it is just a test to see if you then get a display

Just looked at the Handset and it won't take regular batteries cos it is set up with a little wire that connects the rechargablw batteries

Can you tell me the model of the phone system please?

Vetch dect 6.0
10 years old

ok, but you will see a model under the base unit for it.

L#CS6129-32

ok, these do take packs, and with the screen not even turning on this is usually a sign of the battery pack not working.

I would advise you order 1 replacement here

https://www.amazon.com/Fenzer-Rechargeable-CS6129-31-CS6129-32-Replacement/dp/B007VSQ7BK

To rule this out as it would mean then the phones themselves have faulted

Ok

Is there anything else I can do for you now?

Well it is odd to me that nine of the handsets would work that they would all go dead at the same time

ok though I am not sure thast models supports 9 handsets but no problem, ill opt out for another expert that can give you a different answer.

Thank you

Sorry it is 3 handsets
Electronics Technician: Harry, Customer Service replied 5 months ago
Harry, Customer Service

Hello:

Welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I am happy to be assisting you today. My sincerest apologies that it look so long for someone to reply, we're a bit behind with the holidays coming upon us. Before we begin, can you please let me know if you still need help with your question? Just use the reply box to let me know.

Harry, Customer Service