Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I have a panosonic bluetooth phone set I just purchased and

Customer Question
was very disappointed to learn...
I have a panosonic bluetooth phone set I just purchased and was very disappointed to learn it did not have a headset jack for my panosonic headset. so I went out and bought a blue tooth headset.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: the only way I can use the headset is for incoming calls. I cannot make outbound calls using the headset
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just bought the panosonic phone set
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: What I just told you?
Submitted: 26 days ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 26 days ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model should begin with KX-TG).

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 25 days ago
KX-TGD560
KX-TG744SK
Two stickers on the bottom
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 25 days ago

Hi again and thanks for that information.

You should be able to have the Bluetooth headset participate in an OUTGOING call - IF the "Call Sharing" feature of the system (ON by default) has not been changed.

The basic process is that you make the call with a handset, then tap the button on the Bluetooth headset - once the call starts ringing - to "join" the call. At that point you should be able to press the OFF button on the handset - to take the handset out of the conversation.

NOTE: If the OFF button on the handset cuts off the Bluetooth headset, use the MUTE function of the handset - to mute the handset microphone.

As a reference, I have grabbed/enhanced the instructions related to using the Bluetooth headset during calls. These instructions are attached as an image (click link below if needed).

Please let me know if that works for you or if you have any more questions.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 19 days ago

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

Customer reply replied 19 days ago
There is apparently a problem with the Panosinic phones as I had already done that call sharing thing as it said in the manual. I am returning them. I spoke with a Delton guy personally (for free) and he said if I can answer but not dial out it’s a phone problem.

Hi again,

Can I assume that the "Delton guy" is a representative of either the service provider or retailer?

If so, and they are taking the phone system back and exchanging it for a TESTED and WORKING system, that would be the right thing to do.

Please let me know if you have any more questions about this phone system.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer