Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

The was not off the wall and wire use. how do I rewire the…

Customer Question
The jack was not...

The jack was not off the wall and wire use. how do I rewire the jack?

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

No name 10 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

One week I try rewiring the jack by matching the wire coming from wall with the color in the jack.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

When I connect the wires I get like a busy sound

Submitted: 9 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
11/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 9 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

Please clarify the question - is this about a phone jack?

I requested a live chat but haven't received answer, I also did not get a text answer to my question. I knot the jack away from the wall wiring and would like know how wire it back.
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 8 months ago

First we need to know what type of jack it is. Is it a phone jack? Or a network jack? Or some other jack?

it is a phone jack
I want connect the wires to the phone jack

Thanks for clarifying.

The primary circuit is wired to the center two pins (pins 3 & 4) and is the white/blue and blue/white pair.

A standard single line phone draws dial tone from these center pins.

Here is the full pinout wiring diagram, attached.

--------------------
Happy Holidays!
Your satisfaction is my priority; I hope I have earned 5 stars today!
Kindly take a moment to rate my service 5 stars and press Submit at the top of your question page to finish; tips appreciated :)
You can always reply back after rating me if you need any further assistance at all.
Pete.
--------------------

my wires are green red and yellow
how do I see the attachment?

Are you using a computer or a mobile device?

If you click on the attachment it should open.

• Do you only have 3 wires?
  • Is this an older house?
  • Can you attach a photo of your wiring?
I am on a lap top
am trying yo sent a picture of the wall wiring and jack

Can you see the Attach File button?

I see attachment how do the wires match up is it green to green are what.didyou received the pictures
.

No, I haven't received any pictures from you - did you attach them using the Attach File button?

I sent the picture through texet message

I don't receive text messages - you will need to attach it to your question page on the JustAnswer website or app.

How can I send the pictures?

You can attach them to your question page on the JustAnswer website or app using the Attach File button so that I can view them.

Thanks for the pictures. Reviewing now...

Ok, so you have some older wiring. Here is a guide to the equivalent colors:

http://www.wire-your-phones.com/

Does the color guide that I sent help?