Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I HAVE THE KX-TG6431C...I am trying to change the answering…

I HAVE THE KX-TG6431C...I...

I HAVE THE KX-TG6431C...I am trying to change the answering machine recording but it is still playing the previous one

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Dont know how old. Model KX-TG6432CT.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

MY HUSBAND PASSED AWAY EARLY LAST MONTH. i THOUGHT IT HAD BEEN CHANGED, BUT FRIENDS TELL ME HIS MESSAGE IS STILL ON THE PHONE. i FOLLOWED THE PROMPTS ON MY HEADSET.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Can't think of anything

11/19/2017
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry for your loss and to hear of any issue with your phone/answering system.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Were you able to successfully record a new greeting, and hear it played back to you during that process?

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the main system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

to Question 1. my service provider is CityWide Communications, and I have no other devices other than this system.
No thank you to the phone call..

Hi again and thanks for that information.

May I ask if you have access to an outside phone - such as a cell phone - and can place a TEST CALL to the landline number - with the Panasonic answering system turned OFF?

Please let me know.

Thanks

I can't find an option on the phone to play the message, but I'm pretty sure I played it back when I recorded it.
OK, I put the phone to "answer off". My cell number is(###) ###-####

Please use the cell phone to place a TEST CALL to the Panasonic number, and let me know if some message system answers the call - with the old greeting.

it is my husband's greeting.

OK - if you heard the old greeting WHEN the Panasonic answering system is turned OFF, then some "other system" MUST be taking the calls.

If you don't have any other devices attached to the phone line, then I suspect that the "other system" is actually a "Voicemail" system - from the service provider.

Does that all make sense so far?

Thanks

it does. So I should give them a call?

Since it is most likely that it is the provider's system that needs to be changed, then contacting their Technical Support folks (usually available 24/7) would be the next step.

Here is a link to their "contact" page.

http://yourcitywide.com/residential/contact

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer