Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

Have COLFAX tga 660, have a Kx tga 660, and cannot turn off

Have I’M ON COLFAX tga...
Have I’M ON COLFAX tga 660
JA: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?
Customer: have a Kx tga 660
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: and cannot turn off the blinking yellow/orange light.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: have listened to all voice mails etc but cannot get that light to shut off.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Been going on for several months. It’s annoying.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 22 days ago
I would be grateful if you would withhold your response until tomorrow after 10:00 AM central time since I am going to bed now and don’t want to be disturbed during the night.
11/19/2017
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model sent is for a cordless handset).

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

(im18)

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Kx tga 660
Phone company is Comcast

As mentioned above, the KX-TGA660 is a cordless handset.

Please try to locate the MAIN BASE station of the system, and look for a model number printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Kxtg7645m is the base unit no.

Also, I'm a few minutes from reaching a phone, but can try to call you when I reach the phone.

But for now, Can you do a quick TEST for me?

That TEST is to pick up any handset - while NOT on a call - press the TALK (or SP-PHONE) button, and QUICKLY LISTEN for a dial tone.

Please let me know if you hear ANYTHING BEFORE the STEADY dial tone - such as a few beeps or pulsed dial tones.

Thanks

(im)

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
Hear a series of reps first before steady dial tone.

OK - very good.

Can you now check the DISPLAY of the handset(s) - to see if there are any "notifications" there - such as an icon or text saying something about a "New Voice Mail"?

Thanks

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
screen says “new voice mail” but there nothing there

"Nothing there"???

What does that refer to?

Also, I am near a phone now and can call you if you would like.

But may I ask if the number provided with the phone call request is a different phone - such as a cell phone - OR the landline number?

Customer reply replied 22 days ago
My 3892 number is ***** cell phone

OK - let me try the call.

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Phone call session started

Having trouble with my calling system.

Let me try again.

Thanks for the call.

I believe the Comcast Voicemail system is now set up and once ALL of the messages that were stored there are listened to, the flashing light(s) and the "New Voice Mail" message should go away.

As a reference, I believe the "set up" I heard you go through is detailed on the following "help page". You may find OTHER details about the voicemail system on this page.

Click here --> https://www.xfinity.com/support/phone/setting-up-voicemail/

If needed, I have some contact number for Comcast listed below.

Comcast Main Support Number(s)
1-800-COMCAST
(1(###) ###-####

1-800-XFINITY
(1.***-***-****)

Take Good Care, Greg A.

(im)

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer