Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I have a Panasonic phone set of 5 phones. I have recorded

I have a Panasonic phone...
I have a Panasonic phone set of 5 phones. I have recorded my "greeting" 20 times, but the the pre-recorded greeting is speaking while my greeting speaks. How do I remove the pre recorded message?
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: KX-TGF370
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It has been a problem for about 4 days. I have unplugged the base unit, and the phone line to reset. I have removed the batteries, and replaced them---now what?
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
11/18/2017
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) WHEN is the pre-recorded greeting heard? Is it when calls come in or when you place a test call to the Panasonic system?

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the KX-TGF370 system) attached to this same phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
1) when calls come in, and the answering system picks up.
2) Cox cable, Tulsa Ok
3) There is one other phone, not part of KX-TGF370 system, attached to this same phone line.

OK - does the "other phone" have a built-in answering system in it?

And do you have access to an outside phone - such as a cell phone - that can be used to place a TEST CALL to the Cox number?

If you do have access to an outside phone, please turn OFF the Panasonic answering system, and place a TEST CALL to the Cox number - to see if some "other system" picks up the call.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Thank you. For some reason, the phone that is not Panasonic had decided to answer with a pre recorded message. When I turned off that answering device, everything performed correctly. Thanks again.

You're quite welcome.

Its good to know that you got the system working again.

If my input helped in ANY way (sometimes asking the right question leads to a solution), please consider rating my service at a high level (5-star is my goal). This is how I am compensated for the time spent with you, and how I help support my family.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Take Care, Greg A.

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer