Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I can't get the answering machine to work. I recorded my…

I can't get the answering...
I can't get the answering machine to work. I recorded my message but no one can leave a message.
11/18/2017
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...answering machine..."
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Panasonic model KX-TGD560, it's a telephone with an answering machine connected. I've recorded my message but callers can't record a message.

Appreciate the additional information.

What happens when someone calls and is not answered? ...what do they hear?

Have you tried calling your own home number using your mobile?

Louie, Technician
Phone call session started
It says the answering system is not set up is not set up
I have called my land line phone

The system tried calling twice but for some reason won't connect.

Offhand, I suspect that there is nothing wrong with the home/landline phone
Bear with me and consider even if just for test purposes:

• • call again your home number using your cellphone;
  • • do not answer the home/landline phone;
  • • remember exactly the message heard when the call is automatically answered;
  • • turn off, disconnect / remove the power and telephone connections of the home/landline phone base / main unit;
  • • expectedly the home/landline phone would not ring as it is currently disconnected;
  • • compare the message heard now and the earlier message when the first test call was made;
  • • if the same, then it would not be the disconnected home/landline phone;
  • • it would be the phone company's VoiceMail service intercepting your unanswered calls;
  • • call and bring this to the attention of the phone company;
  • • have them disable / turn off their VoiceMail feature to your home number which may have been inadvertently / accidentally turned on/enabled.
Thank you .I'm trying to call AT&T

Yes please as it would most likely be an issue with the VoiceMail.