Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My recorded answering message ends half way when someone…

My recorded answering message...

My recorded answering message ends half way when someone dials in. It does not play all the way through. Total length is about 30 seconds. How can I fix this?

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

KX-TGE440

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

System is one week old. Initially it worked OK. It just stopped working. I unplugged the power and reconnected it. I tried recording a brand new message. Neither of these worked.

11/18/2017
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Is this the built in greeting or one that you have recorded yourself?

Nathan, Technician
The problem exists with both my greeting and the canned greeting
Phone call session started

Thank you for the call, and best of luck with the modem reset,

If that does not work, one added reset to try on the phone itself is to fully reset the system:

1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Again at that point if it doesn't work then go exchange the panasonic at the store for another unit.