Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have got the uniden phone set. One is a desk phone, one is…

Customer Question
I have got the...

I have got the uniden phone set. One is a desk phone, one is a little bigger than the other two. I can just plug them in, they don't need a phone jack. the bigger phone that I just plug in, quit working. I ordered a new jenson battery and put it in the phone and it won't charge. It is completely dead. I am wondering if I could replace that one phone, without have to buy a whole new set?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

About 5 years old maybe.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

That is all. Just putting in a new battery. All the others are working fine. It has been out of service for about 3 weeks.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/17/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station.

2) Can you tell me more about the handset that quit working? For example, did it just "go dead", or is/was there any message on the display of the handset?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

This is the model number IC 513C-UN055. The handset that quit working would not let me turn it off after I spoke on it. I would unplug it for awhile then plug it back in. Eventually it would start working. The next time I spoke on it, it would do the same thing. I stopped using it, because it would leave the other caller without a dial tone. Finally I ordered the new Jensen battery, put it in it, and charged it. It just stays blank. The cradle that it sits in, shows a red light, but the phone won't charge. There was never a message on the handset.
I found tis one, BJ00092889

That looks like a serial number of some kind.

Please look again at the images I sent (click links if needed), to see the typical location and form of the model.

Thanks

I couldn't find any images, that you sent? I found another number though, it is BJ00092889
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 7 months ago

OK - let me try to send the image links again.

Click Here for image 1

Click here for image 2

thank you so much. You've been so patient. I did get the images. Yes, my desk phone has a little white sticker on it, with the numbers that I have been sending you. That is all I there is I'm sure. There is nothing more. Would it be IC513C or would it just be UN055. I don't think there is any more numbers?
Would it be possible to send me just one phone, the bigger hand set, that just plugs into the wall. I hate to throw all of these others away and buy a whole new set?

Hi again,

Did you look for the sticker INSIDE the battery cover of ANY of the handsets?

You may have noticed that I sent an image of a handset too - highlighting the model of the system that handset came with.

And to be able to get a replacement handset we MUST know the model of the system - so any replacement handset would be compatible with the system.

Please look at other places and let me know what you find.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

I have taken the battery cover off, and inside of it is the number UN0548. The other numbers are IC:513C-_UN055. There is also, a number on the battery cover. It is just a printed number on the plastic cover, not on a sticker or anything and it is UN)54B. The B might be an 8, I can't tell for sure.
Excuse me, that is UN054B

Hi again,

Sorry for any delay.

Have you checked more than one handset?

OR

Is is possible to take a photo of any sticker/label you see and put it here?

There should be a "paper clip" icon on your side of the system to do that. OR if you use a photo sharing service and can send me a link to the photo, that would work too.

Thanks

(im)

under one of the smaller handset I found these numbers. Model: CL82353. The serial number is:QT1029143666
On the last number above it is QT102914366. Just two sixes.

Hi again,

OK - the model CL82353 looks like a model for an AT&T cordless system - with a total of three cordless handset.

So do you have a Uniden phone set AND an AT&T phone set?

Thanks

(im)

You are absolutely correct. The two small handsets are AT&T! I had forgot that we had done that. Yes, my desk phone is Uniden and the big handset is Uniden (the one that is not working). Those last numbers that I sent you were off of the AT&T handsets. :-( I don't know how to take a picture and send it on the computer. I guess I will just have to buy me another set. Don't know what else to do.

If you want to take a look at the following link - which is the search results from Amazon for Uniden Cordless phones - perhaps you can recognize the model of phones you have?

Click Here --> http://amzn.to/2iuFTdy

OR - if you have a cell phone that can take pictures, perhaps a picture taken with that phone could be sent here.

Let me know what you can do or find with those search results.

Thanks

(im)

I've looked at all of the phones, and I don't recognize mine as any of them. Yes, I can take a picture with my I-phone and send you a picture, if I have a number to send it too.

Hi again,

There is no number to be able to send a picture.

BUT - if you you can browse to this page ON the iphone, you should be able upload the picture(s) here.

OR

If you can take the pictures and send them to your computer (assuming you are using a computer to communicate here), then you should be able to update the pictures that way.

Please let me know if either of those methods will work for you.

Thanks

(im)

Sorry, I got busy last night and couldn't get back to you. I will see what I can do, about a picture for you. The desk phone has a long yellow light on the right side when it rings. It is black with a green back light in the window. The handset is silver with a big round hearing area, that has a yellow circle, and yellow on the top that flashes when I have a message. There is black trim around the window. I will see if I can take a picture and get it to you. I am leaving tomorrow, to go to Texas, for a week, for Thanksgiving.

Hi again,

If you can get a picture, try to get a picture of the LABEL or STICKER - of both the MAIN BASE and any inside of the BATTERY COMPARTMENT of at least one cordless handset.

If needed, refer back to the pictures I sent, were the back of a main base and the battery compartment for one of the handsets I had in the shop.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Mr. Greg A. Engineer, was so good and so patient, trying to help me. I just couldn't find a model number on my phone set, for him to go by.

HI again,

I'm still here.

Were you table to take any pictures of the labels of the phone base or handsets?