Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Just got a replacement handset and tried to register it but…

Just got a replacement...

Just got a replacement handset and tried to register it but keep getting base no power on new handset.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

The base unit?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

My one unit that would no longer ring, but could make calls out. I chatted with a Panasonic rep and they suggested to get a new handset and was given the link to order a unit that should work and I did and it arrived today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Don't think so.

11/17/2017
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model should start with KX-TG).

2) Where was this replacement handset purchased from, and was it "new" or perhaps "used"?

3) What is the model of the replacement handset (usually printed on the handset itself)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.

*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

KX-TGF375, the old hand unit would not ring even with the ringer turned on. It would make and rec. calls.
I already paid 26.00, do I have to pay again?

You may be seeing a request for an additional service.

As mentioned earlier:

ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me).

Pending questions I still have:

Okay, The base station in the book said, it could handle 6 units, 5 came with the unit, after getting the system up and and running a few yrs. ago, I noticed right away I needed one more unit, so I ordered at that time, as far as I know it worked up until a few weeks ago

OK - so does that mean that there WERE SIX handsets registered to the main base - BEFORE getting this replacement handset?

OK - so what is the handset NUMBER - of the handset you need to replace?

That number is ***** displayed right next to the "battery indicator" - at the top-right of the display.

old unit is a KX-TGFA30

OK _ that is the MODEL.

If you still have the OLD handset and it powers on, take a look at the DISPLAY, and see if you can find the handset NUMBER - at the top-right of the display.

Thanks

it shows 3

OK - if the number of the OLD NON-working handset is 3, you will want to DE-REGISTER that handset from the base, and THEN try to register the replacement handset in its place.

Assuming you have the manual (instructions), can you find the section about how to DE-REGISTER and REGISTER handsets?

In my instructions it is on page 53.

not seeing an answer old unit has a 3 designation on top right

OK - let me post my last note again.

========================

In my instructions it is on page 53.

=======================

Let me know what you see now.

let me try

Let me know what you see along the way.

Thanks

Greg,
That did it. Am up and going now on the new handset.
Thank you.

You are quite welcome.

If my input helped in ANY way (sometimes asking the right question leads to a solution), please consider rating my service at a high level (5-star is my goal). This is how I am compensated for the time spent with you, and how I help support my family.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Take Care, Greg A.

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
I will give you a 5 for sure.

Thanks so much for the stars.

Please let me know if you have any similar questions in the future.

Take Care, Greg A.

All questions answered. Thanks Greg I gave you 5 stars.

You're quite welcome.

Take Care, Greg A.