Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I have a Panasonic Cordless phone KX-TG4713C and one of the

phones JA: How old is the...
I have a Panasonic Cordless phone KX-TG4713C and one of the phones
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: I don't know but one of the handsets does not ring and I only hav e a French book to try to understand how to change.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: It's been going on for months but it is a set I don't usually use. Now I have it in the bedroom and realized that the ringer wasn wasn't on. The only way I can hear it at night is to listen for the one set in my living room.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: I also wonder whether I can change the number of rings on the sets.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I now have a add? at the bottom of my screen and can't see anything but a small area at top.
11/17/2017
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you double-check and CONFIRM the FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (I only ask because I have two similar models in my notes 4713 and 4731).

2) If I can get you an English version of the instructions, would that help?

3) Do you see any "icons" on the display of the non-ringing handset that are not on the other handsets?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
No on box KX-TG4713C
I see a bell crossed off beside the ECO
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I don't want to switch to phone for $35.
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
All I want is how to change the icon bell with crossed off and I would hope that wouldn't cost me $35.

Hi again,

Please ignore any pop-up requests for additional services, and continue on this screen.

I am preparing (typing) and answer for your.

OK - very good.

That bell crossed off (with a line through it) means that the "ringer volume" for that handset is set to "Off".

To adjust the ringer volume on that handset, please do the following:

1) Pick up handset while not on a call.

2) Press MENU, then # 1 6 0 (pound-one-six-zero)

3) Push the UP and DOWN arrows to adjust the ringer volume setting.

4) When satisfied, press SAVE soft key (button below display).

5) Press the OFF button - to exit programming.

Please give these steps a try and let me know if that works.

Thanks, ***** *****

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
i WAS ABLE TO CHANGE THE VOLUME OF THE SET BUT NOW THE ICON ON THE PHONE DOES NOT HAVE A BELL ON IT...DOES THAT MEAN THE PHONE WILL RING NOW??
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I also wanted to know if I can change the number of rings??

Yes - the bell with the line through it means that the ringer was set to OFF.

Now that the ringer is ON, that icon goes away.

I would advise a TEST CALL to CHECK that it does ring.

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Can I change the number of rings???

RE: "Number of rings"

Does the MAIN BASE of the system have SEVERAL buttons on it, or just a single "locator" button?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Just 1 sticker on it

OK - so by the number of rings, can I safely assume that you have a separate "answering machine" or message service - that answers calls and takes messages?

If so, what service does that for you?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
It takes messages, phone identification, a speaker phone,

What is "It" - that takes messages?

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
I use Cogeco for my phone, computer and cable
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Should I be talking to Cogeco???
Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Sorry, I don't mean to be so unknowledgeable about these things, but my husband just brings the set home and I have to use it!!

No worries at all.

IF you have a "Voice Mail" feature from the service provider, then yes, you will want to contact them concerning the number of rings before their system picks up calls.

I have a couple of links to their support pages, depending on where you live.

Contact page - QC
http://www.cogeco.ca/web/qc/en/residential/support/contact_phone.php

Contact Page - On
http://www.cogeco.ca/web/on/en/residential/support/contact_phone.php

Please let me know what you find or if you have any more questions about your phone system.

If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Customer reply replied 1 month ago
Thank you very much.

You're quite welcome.

If you have any trouble finding or using rating the stars, I have a link to a short animation that shows how that should work.
How to rate an answer --> http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

Take Care, Greg A.

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer