Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

My 4 tech phones are down...no dial tone but lights are

lit..my 2 land line phones...
my 4 tech phones are down...no dial tone but lights are lit..my 2 land line phones are fine. Any suggestions?
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: 3 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: since last night about 10pm...checked to see if all cradle lights are on...they are... all phones are properly hung up but there is no dial tone, no busy signal...hothing
JA: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer reply replied 26 days ago
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/15/2017
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset)

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
1.happens to all...never happened before and this is our 2nd set of techs
2. 2 other phones (landlines) on this system and they are working fine
3.ATT line
4.what's dsl service?
5. DS6401
SN. MC000131995

Thank you for the information,

This would indicate a hardware failure in the att base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Let me know the results please.

Customer reply replied 26 days ago
That fixed the problem....how do I respond to give you the highest rating for your assistance. Thanks Nathan
Great! Glad that did the trick for you!
There should be 5 stats at the top of the page to rateThank you
Nathan, Technician
Nathan, Technician