Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I just bought a Panasonic cordless phone. Cannot seem able…

Customer Question
I just bought a...

I just bought a Panasonic cordless phone. Cannot seem able to turn off the talking caller ID. What do you suggest?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Brand new

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I've tried all the different variations of *#162 that the instruction book says. It still won't go off and I believe it's causing the phone to ring intermittently.(spelling?)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

The answering machine doesn't pick up, even after 7 rings. Can I talk in person with someone? Please

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
11/13/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model should begin with KX-TG).

2) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Please DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

(18)