Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a ge spacemakerphone and it doesn’t take messages…

Customer Question
I have a ge...

I have a ge spacemakerphone and it doesn’t take messages anymore and I don’t known if I didn’t hook it up right after my move or the chip is dead or anything else might be wrong

Technician's Assistant: Can you guesstimate how old your GE is? And just to clarify, what's the exact model?

900MHz SPACEMAKER 26976 under the counter call waiting caller ID cordless speaker/answering system witham fm raidioand timer

Technician's Assistant: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?

If I can

Technician's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

It was working fine before the move and if it’s a chip that needs to be replaced I’d gladly take it in someplace

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone/answering system.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Does the phone system WORK - in ALL other aspects other than the answering system not taking messages? Of example, can you still MAKE and RECEIVE calls - if picked up quickly enough?

2) What CURRENT landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have access to an outside phone - such as a cell phone - that can used to place a TEST CALL to the GE system, and hear what happens during that call (including number or rings, etc.)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks