Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Want to change a password on a lock phone, Nortel networks.

Customer Question
Want to change a...

Want to change a password ***** a lock phone, Nortel networks

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

12 years

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Employee left and it been 4 months

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I do not think so

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
10/18/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

If you know the existing password ***** you can change it.

If you don't know the existing password ***** you will need to reset it:

1. Press “Feature” -> Enter 983, the screen should show "LOG", then enter your password ***** press OK. e.g.(###) ###-####which is the default password ***** this type of Nortel system.
  2. Press “MBOX” -> press “CHANGE”, then enter the mailbox number that you want to reset. Press the "Reset" option button once.
  3. The system will flash briefly. Press the "release" button or hang up the phone to finish editing.
  4. You can now go to your mailbox. If there is a mailbox button on your phone, press it. If not, press the “Feature” button-> enter 981.
    The system will ask: “PLEASE ENTER YOUR MAILBOX NUMBER AND YOUR PASSWORD ***** PRESS NUMBER SIGN ”. Enter your mailbox number and the default password ***** is "0000", then press "#".
  5. The system will ask you to enter the new password. Enter the new password ***** then press "#".
  6. Accept the change by pressing the "Yes" option button.
  7. The system will then ask you to record a name to initialize the mailbox. Pick up your handset and record the name you would like to associate with the mailbox.
Where do I get the password, that really the problem