Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have an RCA 6.0 two line phone system (Model 25252) which…

I have an RCA 6.0...
I have an RCA 6.0 two line phone system (Model 25252) which uses all wireless handsets. It has been working great for about 4 years. Suddenly all hand sets read Out of Range even the one in the base unit cradle. All hand sets are fully charged. Calls ring to the base unit but not the handsets and I cannot answer a call.Solution? Thanks Leon
Its been 3+hours and no answer yet.
10/8/2017
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This symptom indicates a hardware failure in the base station (since the issue happens with all handsets). We most often see this type of damage to the base unit as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines. This is also common to see just from normal age related wear and tear - this system is already well past its service life at this point.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Let me know the results.

Thanks, ***** ***** your conclusion is right on about failure in the base unit due to either age or power surge from the hurricane.Thanks

Ah I didn't realize you were in hurricane territory, that would certainly make sense.

the reset is worth a try though, if no change, it would be time to replace the system. I can recommend some replacement models for you, if needed.

Nathan, Technician