Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have phone service from. We have a land line phone with…

Customer Question
I have phone service...

I have phone service from Cox. We have a land line phone with hand sets and a Panasonic Model KX-FM220 with phone/fax and also Caller ID. We had a power outage for about 10 hours a month ago and the caller ID works on the hand sets but I can't get it restored on the Panasonic unit. the window for the caller ID just contains a jumble of symbols. How do I get it working to show the Caller ID feature correctly.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

I think about 1999.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I don' even know how to begin trouble shooting. The manual refers to the Caller ID feature but no instructions about this. It has worked great before the power failure.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

All the features of the machine have worked great, including caller ID before the power failure.. And all features work fine now. Just not the Caller ID.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
10/5/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 10 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your Caller ID.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (not the handsets).

2) Is the Caller ID messed up on the FAX machine, or the main base of the phone system?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Is the FAX on the same phone line (phone number) as the phones?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks