Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Need booklet that tells how to operate our system. Want to…

Customer Question
Need booklet that tells...

Need booklet that tells how to operate our system. Want to change so it rings 5 times before going to voice mail.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Its about 4 years old. The make and model are printed tiny. I'm 80 years ikd -- will try to read:xx-1553446984 ?

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

None except talks to telphone provider who couldn't be successful.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
10/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Russell H., Service Tech replied 8 months ago
Russell H., Service Tech

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Please tell me, is the phone a Panasonic phone, and is it cordless? I'm just guessing; please confirm or deny this guess.

cordless Panasonic
no call -- too expensive can type
Looking for advice on how to adjust number of rings before answering machine on few years old Panasonic3 cordless handsets model KX - TGA641
How about a booklet on features of the phone?
Electronics Technician: Karthik Nagarajan,
 replied 8 months ago
Karthik Nagarajan

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

replied 8 months ago

We are sorry for the delay, We will provide you the answer for your question. It sounds like you need a user guide manual for your Panasonic KX-TGA641 Telephone. If so I can give your the direct link for downloading the PDF file of Panasonic KX-TGA641 User guide and I have attached the PDF file for Panasonic KX-TGA641

http://pdfstream.manualsonline.com/1/1b322a49-7401-4492-9845-65f6eb1ed905.pdf

replied 8 months ago

Please let me know if you need any other help, I will be happy in assisting you. Thank you

Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome.

I see you may be have a little trouble with our system here, but let me see if I can help.

I ONLY see the "cordless handset" model numbers in your question and the responses given. What we really NEED is the model of the MAIN BASE UNIT, as that is where the "Answering system" function is based.

Once I have the model of the MAIN BASE UNIT, I'm pretty sure I can get you a copy of the FULL Operating Instructions (the booklet) for this system.

BUT, unless I miss my guess, I can give you the instruction for setting the number or rings for the answering system. I have those below, along with another reference that shows HOW these steps are preformed - in a Video.

To set the number of rings, using the DIRECT COMMAND programming method:

0) Pick up any handset - while the system is not in use (not on a call).
1) Press MENU, then # 2 1 1 (pound-two-one-one)
2) Use the UP or DOWN arrows (top and bottom of the round center key) to highlight the number of rings you want.
3) Press the SAVE soft key (button directly BELOW the word "SAVE" on the display)
4) Press the OFF button - to exit programming.

Below is a link to a video that shows this method. Please take a look and then try these steps on your system.

Click Here for Video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV702EQAoec

Please give this a try and let me know if you can successfully change the number or rings.
NOTE: I recommend having someone place a TEST CALL to the Panasonic phone number, to VERIFY that the call is picked up after the number or rings set.
IF the verification does NOT work, just let me know - as we have a couple more things to try

I hope this helps. If the change CAN be made successfully and VERIFIED through the TEST CALL, please take a moment to rate MY service (5-star is my goal).

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)