Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

How do you set the number of rings before the phone goes…

Customer Question
How do you set...

How do you set the number of rings before the phone goes onto the answering system?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

The phone is brand new

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I looked through all the instructions and I cannot find the instructions. It rings three times and then goes to answering. I have old instructions for another phone but those instructions don't work.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

The phone is CS6919-25, colour of blue. I can't think of anything else. I don't understand why it is not in the instruction.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
10/4/2017
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago
Aparna Indresh

Hello. My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

Please try the below steps and let me know if this helps.

You can adjust the ring count on your phone before the answering machine picks up.

On the Handset;
1. Press [MENU] [#] [2] [1] [1]
2. Press the [▲] or the [▼] button to select the desired ring count*.
3. Press [SAVE]
4. Press [OFF]

When “Toll saver” is selected, the unit’s answering system answers at the end of the 2nd ring when new messages have been recorded, or at the end of the 4th ring when there are no new messages. If you call your phone from outside to listen to new messages, you know that there are no new messages when the phone rings for the 3rd time. You can then hang up without being charged for the call.

* The ring count before the unit answers can be set at 2 to 7 rings, or “Toll saver”. The default setting is “4”.

This is ridiculous. I just purchased this phone and I cannot get the rings to change. I paid $5.00 for help and now you want to charge me $35.00 to phone. Never mind. This is the second phone I have purchased from your company and the other one had three phones and before a year was up only one phone worked and I paid close to a $100.00 for the phone. One should not have to pay for customer service. I have worked in the customer service industry for over 35 years and I have never heard of such a policy as this. I earn minimum wage and I am a senior and to answer a simple question which should have been listed in the instructions in the first place ,I just can't believe this. I will find out how to set the rings myself because your instructions are not correct. Doing what you instructed me to do does not get me to any menu of the number of rings, only the loudness or type of rings. Thank you for you assistance. NOT
Electronics Technician: Aparna Indresh,
 replied 10 months ago

I really apologize for the inconvenience caused if the issue is not resolved i will opt out so that the other expert will view this and whoever well known of this issue will try to fix this for you and you have contacted justanswer we are not Vtech cordless phone support and we do support all phone related issues.