Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My answering device doesn't record messages, can you help?

Customer Question
My answering device doesn't...

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Panasonic

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

KX-TGD390C

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

Yes, when One calls my prerecorded message is nat being heard

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
10/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially and to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

It is going on for the past 4-5 days when I've noticed.
People leave messages, but I don't see it, or is not being recorded on my device. it says :"no message.
I Did record my message again on Menu#302 it did not work. Than I have re-setted to re-recorded greeting message on menu#304 it still doesn't work

Still, let's try check and review the basics; is the ANSWER ON/OFF indicator LED light lit at the main/base unit?

Using your cellphone, have you tried calling your home phone number?

...what is heard in the cellphone after the ringing?

...would the Panasonic KX-TGD390C ring?

Sorry, I have had a problem. Yes, I have called, it rings than in the cellphone I hear the number being said, than that I am not available now, peace a message.

I understand and no prob.

For test purposes, disconnect all the connections of the Panasonic KX-TGD390C main/base unit; telephone wires and AC wall adapter.

This would remove the Panasonic out of the loop.

Then please call again your home number.

Compare/note if "...rings than in the cellphone I hear the number being said, than that I am not available now, peace a message..." would still hold true.

I have disconnected the telephone wire and AC wall adapter, re- connected called my number with the same result left a message when asked, but it does not record

Sorry but that should be; leave the Panasonic still disconnected when making again the call using your cellphone.

no we don't want to switch to a live phone call, we just buy this phone in the spring. i don't want to spend more money on it, it suppose to work.

Thank you for your kind understanding of automated-systems / machine-generated followups, ads and offers.
Would you still like to continue? ...explore other options?

Have you tried calling again your number even with the Panasonic still disconnected?

i disconnect the phone and left a message. After i connect again, it said no message.

It would appear then that the issue would not be with the Panasonic.

It seems that your phone company is intercepting your incoming calls and kicking in their VoiceMail feature too early/even with the Panasonic disconnected. Their system is recording your messages and not allowing the Panasonic to do so.

Which phone company is your service provider please?

our phone company is MTS

Please re-connect the Panasonic.

Using the Panasonic handset, please dial:

• In Manitoba -(###) ###-####/li>
  • Canada & US - 1-***-***-****

Listen to the introductory prompts. Enter your password. If this is your first time to access VoiceMail, use your own 7-digit telephone number.

Check the messages.

we didn't use the mailbox yet, we didn't have password *****

As posted above; If this is your first time to access VoiceMail, use your own 7-digit telephone number.

i used the Voice mail and listed all our messages and after i tried on our phone to listen the messages, what i saved. the answering system still not working, it says no messages.

The messages stored in the MTS Voice Mailbox can not be saved / transferred to the Panasonic's built-in answering system. It can only be saved in the MTS system.

Can you please try calling MTS and ask them to turn OFF their VoiceMail feature? To my understanding, this service is called "Call Answer" by MTS.

IF their VoiceMail service is disabled (turned off), THEN the Panasonic can now answer the calls and be able to record the messages.