Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I cannot get a dial tone. Is is it because the Find Handset…

Customer Question
I cannot get a...

I cannot get a dial tone. Is is it because the Find Handset In use red light is on? I have not noticed it on prevously. If it should not be on how do I get rid of it? Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Roger Parry CS5119 About one year.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Just a day or two. I have tried touching other keys.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

I am 82 years old and REALLY depend on my phone.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
10/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello Roger & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue with your phone(s).

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) How many TOTAL cordless handsets do you have with this system, and if more than one, do ALL handsets have this issue (no dial tone)?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Vtech system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

I One
No number 2
3 Winsrteam
4 No
How much did you charge me for this servjice?Roger

Hi again and thanks for that information.

First:

We experts are "users" of this site - just like you - and have no access to ANY of your private information or account- including any charges. But YOU should be able to manage your account by clicking the "my account" link on your side of this system.

If you have ANY concerns about your account or site operation, You can contact the Customer Service department at the following page:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Back to the question at hand - about no dial tone - and our troubleshooting of that issue.

Do you have or can get access to a DIFFERENT PHONE (basic corded phone is best), that can be connected to the phone service IN PLACE OF the Vtech BASE? That is, disconnect the phone cord from the phone jack (in the wall?), and connect the DIFFERENT phone and then TEST for the dial tone?

What this will do is TEST if this is a PHONE ISSUE - with the Vtech system - OR an issue with the SERVICE - from the provider.

Once we KNOW where the issue is, we can take the "next step" in troubleshooting.

Please let me know if you can do this TEST and the results.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)