Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Can't get my phone to answer, said it's busy but noone is…

Customer Question
Can't get my phone...

Can't get my phone to answer, said it's busy but noone is using phone. Also says " new message" , phone light blinks but no message when I try to get it. Please help. Can't use it currently. Peggy Thanks.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

6.0 plus 6.0 plus

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For several weeks get get light to turn off. Not accepting calls just 1 day.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
10/2/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 10 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (6.0 plus can apply to many different models).

2) Can a dial tone still be heard when picking up the line AND outgoing calls made successfully?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the main system) attached to this same phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

2 model #. KX-TG4771, and KX-TG4772B.
yes, dial tone that skips to indicate I have a message which I can't access
Yes can make outgoing calls.
ATT is provider
no other devices attached to the phone.
are you responding soon?
I am getting concerned I put money into getting this fixed but there is no one on the other end.
Is this a scam?

Hi again,

Sorry for any delay - I was blocked from responding for some reason.

Continuing with the issue, I have another few questions:

a) Is the AT&T service the older "hard wired" service or "U-verse" based?

b) When you say "dial tone that skips to indicate I have a message", are you referring to a series of "pulsed dial tones" - that tell you that there is a Voicemail wait - via the AT&T voicemail system?

c) If this IS an AT&T voicemail message indication, have you been able to successfully access that voicemail system in the past, and what happens now - when trying to access that system?

Please let me know - when you can.

Thanks, ***** *****

P.S. Not knowing what time zone you are in, please understand that it may take some time for me to see your messages and respond to them. Please allow plenty of time for me to respond, in case it may still be very late (or early) in my time zone.