Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We have a Panasonic 616 Easa phone system. It has two lines…

Customer Question
We have a Panasonic...

We have a Panasonic 616 Easa phone system. It has two lines and it has started to ring one line continuously. I disconnected the incoming line and it continued to ring. It does this over and over. The main system panel seems to click and recycle. Is this repairable?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

It is about 30 years. The second line works fine. And we can dial out on the line that is recycling.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

This has been going on for about a week. I tried disconnecting each of the phone sites and the ringing continued. I finally disconnected the incoming line from ATT and the ringing continued. This lead me to main panel. I tried recycling the system by pressing a recycle button but it still continued to recycle. I turned the system off and then on. But the recycling of the ringing continued.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

What options to I have with this old system. Is it repairable or must it be replaced?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
10/1/2017
Electronics Technician: Pete, Engineer replied 10 months ago
Pete, Engineer

I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

What is showing on the phone's display when it rings on the problem line?

I haven't heard back from you yet - please reply and let me know if you still need assistance with this.