Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have just purchased a KX-TGD532 cordless telephone with…

Customer Question
I have just purchased...

I have just purchased a KX-TGD532 cordless telephone with digital answer machine. I cannot get a call to roll over to the answering machine. In fact, the phone rings once even though I adjusted the ring for 4 rings. The biggest problem is not having the answering machine pick-up on a call and take a message.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

KX-TGD532

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Today.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

About a week ago we had a terrible rain storm. It started then with our other Panasonic and now this one doesn't work either. We have gotten calls but neither of these machines ware picking up calls that we get.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry to hear of any issue with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Do you have access to an outside phone - such as a cell phone - that can be used to place a TEST CALL or two - to the number of the Panasonic system? Is so, please make that test call and let me know EXACTLY what is heard - in the calling phone.

2) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

3) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

I made the call to the panasonic via my cell phone. The new phone rang once and then the sound was "sharp boop" and was not answered by the answering machine. We use Century Link for our landline, internet and TV. Answer to #3 is NO.

Thanks for those TEST results.

Now IF YOU CAN - please disconnect ALL PHONE CORD connections to the Century Link phone service. Leave all phone cords disconnected and then REPEAT the TEST CALL - and let me know what is heard IN THE CALLING PHONE for this new test call.

Thanks

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer