Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

We have a three pack KX TGDA 20 system. Two of the phones…

Customer Question
We have a three...

We have a three pack KX TGDA 20 system. Two of the phones started beeping - looked like dead batteries. We still had the original rechargeable Panasonic batteries in each unit. Replaced the AAA batteries in two of the units, now one of these with the new batteries is starting to beep. Charge level at 1. What is the problem?

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

7 years +/-

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Started about two months ago. Just replaced the batteries in the two phones with new rechargables.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/30/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 10 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

If you still need help with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? Since this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (model sent is for a cordless handset).

2) Were/are there any other indicators showing - when these handsets are "beeping" - such as icons on the screen flashing?

3) How long have the "new" batteries been allowed to charge?

4) Were the contacts in these handsets cleaned when the batteries were replaced?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Hi again,

I see it has been a few days and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)