Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone shows voice mail press VM. I press VM and there is. O…

Customer Question
Phone shows voice mail...

Phone shows voice mail press VM. I press VM and there is. O message

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

How do I delete a message that isn’t there

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For about one week

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/29/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model of the phone?
Do you usually press the play button on the base to hear messages?
If you pick up the line, do you hear a few beeps or a fast/stutter tone prior to the dial tone?

Model KX-TGA653
No I press the VM on the phone but there is no VM and it won’t let me erase it
If I press the VM key it beeps

Okay what I am asking though is for you to just press the TALK button, and listen carefully to the dial tone - are there a few beeps before the dial tone, or a fast tone?

Can u tell me what to do

After I have more information from you.

I need you to check the dial tone specifically.

What do u mean check the dial tone

just press the TALK button, and listen carefully to the dial tone - are there a few beeps before the dial tone, or a fast tone?

There is no dial tone when I press the talk button
I press talk and a dial tone rings and after that a busy signal

I don't want you to actually dial anything, or press any other buttons, just press talk and nothing else, then listen and see what you hear.

I pressed talk twice and the dial tone comes on

Okay please press and hold the # button on the handset for 5 seconds, and the new VM indicator should go away

if it does not, then press and hold the OFF button for 5 seconds and let me know if that works.

Cancel this

I have no ability to cancel or refund anything.

Did you try holding the off button on the handset for 5 seconds as I mentioned to clear the indicator?

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer