Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I just bought and unp;acked a vtech 2 handset DECT6.0

Customer Question
I just bought and...

I just bought and unp;acked a vtech 2 handset DECT6.0 cordless phone - does this have to be connected to the NBN with the cord, or is there a way it functioons on WiFi

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Bought it yesterday from JB Hi Fi - says it is NBN ready

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I just want to know whether it has to be connected to the modem by cable or whether I can put it somewhere else in the house (the answering machine etc. that is)

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Not really

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/28/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 8 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

A wired connection is necessary. Nbn ready just means it can work over the nbn connection, but it still requires a physical link from the vtech base station to the nbn modem. So the main base station (the one with the answering machine) will need a telephone cord connection from it to the modem's telephone jack. The cordless handsets you can use anywhere in the house and may locate them wherever it is convenient for you, so long as the base has that wired connection to the modem.

Best regards,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.
Do you need more help with this?