Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

VTECH phone DECT 6.0- problem: volume of phone is too low.

Customer Question
VTECH phone DECT 6.0-...

VTECH phone DECT 6.0- problem: volume of phone is too low. It's OK when on speaker phone but not in regular listening mode.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Probably 8 or 9 years old

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

For about a week. I've opened back and removed battery and then put it back in. I've pushed up volume control to maximum.

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 1 minute by:
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

What is the model of the phone, found on the main base station (dect6 is just a feature)?

Do you have any other phones there like a corded/wall phone? If so, do those work ok?

30-0080 A2 No problem with other phones
NO. This is not what I signed up for.
Just give me an answer on line

You are seeing an automated ad by the site for a call or remote session. It is not sent by me. This is optional and may be ignored if you wish.

Please give me a few moments to send a detailed response.

This symptom indicates a hardware failure in the base handset, meaning a blown speaker or bad amplifier. The speakerphone mode works because it has a separate speaker in the back for that. We often see this type of damage as the result of a power surge, either through the phone or power lines. It could also very easily be just from normal age related wear and tear. That would not be at all surprising for a phone this age, as these vtech phones are built to last just a year or two and that is completely normal for them.

The one thing you may attempt yourself is to fully reset the system:
1) unplug both power and phone lines from the main base.
2) remove batteries from all handsets
3) wait at least 15 minutes, then restore all
4) place a handset on the main base for a minute, as if to charge
5) check for functionality.

Let me know the results.