Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

I need phone help setting up new landline. Made a message,

I need phone help setting up new landline. Made a message, but when I call my phone, message cuts off. I had my pre recorded voicemail turned off by Comcast, today. Still, my greeting cuts off when called from another line. Also, not recording voicemails left by callers. Don't know how to set it up and I've tried for 2 days
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?
Customer: Panasonic Model KX-TGF382M
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: I just told you that. I bought phone 6 days ago. Read everything. Don't understand instructions and unless I speak directly to a person, I'm not going to be able to explain this clearly. I've done everything book says to do. Phone won't let me set up my own greeting, or take voice messages. Twice people have called and unable to leave me a message.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yes, but I will ask them
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 27 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, would you consider an experiment?

Temporarily disconnect the Panasonic KX-TGF382M's telephone wires and unplug its AC wall adapter.

Then call your home/landline number using your cellphone.

Determine if VoiceMail would still answer.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
ok, then I would like a phone call, if possible to my cell.(###) ###-#### Give me a couple of minutes
Customer: replied 27 days ago.

Yes on the phone call after "...a couple of minutes..." and the above experiment have been done.

Thanks.

Customer: replied 27 days ago.
I want a phone call. Is this a hoax of some kind. Charging me for text messages? I do not have an IPhone, or apps. Just a computer and I am not that computer literate. So I don't know why you can't just call me unless you don't exist