Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have memory problems and am trying to retrieve my

Customer Question
I have memory problems...

I have memory problems and am trying to retrieve my voicemail, but I can't remember my password. How can I retrieve my messages (apparently my phone message box is full). I have a vtech wireless landline.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

I have to go downstairs to check the stand.

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Model DS6722-3BS

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

SN = XV302707553

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 10 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your message system.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

2) WHEN was the last time you could successfully access the voicemail system (and remember the password)?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Need to check with my son, who pays the phone bill.
I don't know when I was last able to check my voicemail.
I'm not sure what password *****'d have used.
I see that my modem is from Century Link. Does that help?

OK - very good.

Century Link would be the provider then, and the "customer support" folks from Century Link will need to be contacted IF you can not contact your son first. BUT, I suspect the Century Link folks will want to know things like an "account number" or other information from the phone bill - to be able to make any changes or provide you with the password. This extra information is usually needed "for security" - so that some outside person does not get access to your voicemail system. I hope you understand the need for those security measures.

RECOMMENDATION(S):

When you check with your son or the customer support folks, I would recommend that the password ***** the system be WRITTEN DOWN and kept somewhere safe - such as in a written "phonebook" or directory that is kept near the phone OR write/print it and tape it to the bottom of the main base if the phone system.

You MAY also want to write down the entire access method on that same piece of "paper memory' (as I call it).

Let me what you find or if you have any more questions.

Thanks, ***** *****