Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My panasonic unit KX-tge270 answers mailbox full when there…

Customer Question
My panasonic unit KX-tge270...

My panasonic unit KX-tge270 answers mailbox full when there are no messags

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

KX-TGE270 panasonic

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

You are my troubleshooter as suggested on customer service it has been going on for months

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/25/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 8 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

2) Do you have access to an outside phone - such as a cell phone - that can be used to place a TEST CALL to the Panasonic number? If so, please place that test call - and let me know EXACTLY what is heard - including the number of rings BEFORE the message system picks up.

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

xfinity

comcast

Understood.

Do you have access to an outside phone ?

6rings
your call has been forwarded to an automatic answering device the mailbox is full
call back later
are you still there

Yes - I'm still here - but this is NOT an "instant system" - so it sometimes takes a few moments for me to see your messages.

the phone says "are you still there" at the end of the message and then clicks off

Sorry about that.

OK - NEXT TEST.

Please pick up any handset - while NOT on a call - press the TALK (or SP-PHONE) button, and QUICKLY LISTEN for a dial tone. Please let me know if you hear ANYTHING BEFORE the STEADY dial tone - such as a few beeps or pulsed dial tones.

i would say pulsed dial tones but they might be beeps...continues for 9 seconds

Thanks for doing that test - and the results.

OK - those pulsed dial tones are actually a "signal" - that tell us that there is a NEW voicemail waiting - in the provider's voicemail system (not the built-in answering system).

For MOST Comcast systems, you can use the following steps to access their voicemail system - to listen to the messages that are there and otherwise manage those messages (delete any that are no longer needed).

How to access voicemail - from a HOME PHONE:
Pick up handset and listen for steady dial tone (press TALK or SP-PHONE if needed).
Dial * 9 9 (star-nine-nine)
Enter password ***** prompted
OR
Follow prompted "setup instructions" - if this is the first time accessing the system.

Please let me know what you find when trying these steps.

Thanks, ***** *****

there are 133 saved messages on the system i want to delete them all at once
then i want to turn off the ability of comcast to save messages on the handset, i want saved messages on my base.
i called comcast they said i needed to call you
are you there

Hi again,

Sorry for any delay. I was on another call.

I'm typing up some other details for you.

Thanks

k please stay on this call as i am needed elsewhere

I'm not sure why the Comcast folks referred your question here, as they will be the ones that will have to TURN OFF THEIR Voicemail feature.

But I CAN give you the steps for setting up the Panasonic Answering System - that if built into the base unit of the system.

The first step would be to CHECK that the answering system is turned ON - by pressing the ANSWER ON/OFF button - on the main base.

Next, you will want to set the number of rings to a LOWER number (FOUR is suggested) than the Comcast system - until that system is turned OFF.

I have the steps for doing that below.

1) Pick up ANY handset - while not on a call - and press MENU.

2) Press # 2 1 1 (pound-two-one-one)

3) Press UP & DOWN arrows to highlight number of rings desired (FOUR suggested - for now).

4) Press SAVE soft key (button below display).

5) Press OFF button (to exit programming).

Please try these steps and then have a TEST CALL placed to you - to see if the Panasonic system picks up the call AND records a TEST MESSAGE that can be played back on the base.

Thanks, ***** *****

the base AND the handset saved
how do i get rid of the 133 saved?????

Do that mean you have successfully turned ON the Answering system AND set the number of rings to FOUR?

I'm checking into the "commands" for the Comcast voicemail - to see how those messages can be deleted.

turned to four
the answering machine is on
the handset is also answering
i do NOT want the handset to answer!!!!!
thnx

OK - please understand that you may be dealing with TWO SEPARATE "message systems" - which are

• the Built-in Answering system of the Panasonic base unit and
  • the Voicemail system from the provider.

The only "commands" I see for deleting messages from the Comcast Voicemail system is to push 7-7 (seven-seven) key WHILE a particular message is playing. That is the fastest way to do this WHEN USING THE PHONE.

A faster way would be to have a log into your "Comcast account" (online), and manage your Voicemail messages from there.

Please let me know IF you have such a Comcast login and can access your account online.

Thanks

waiting for a text to access comcast site

Here are a couple of Comcast "help" links - that may help with managing the messages.

How to check your voicemail ONLINE.

FULL Voicemail Menu - for using a PHONE

Please let me know if you can get the Panasonic system set up to take the calls - at 4 rings - or if you have any more questions about these systems.

And when you are ready, please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you today.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-