Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone Systems

I bought a 4 phone set kx-tgd210. It had been working fine

I bought a 4 phone...
I bought a 4 phone set kx-tgd210. It had been working fine for over a year. I took "Comcast" w/ phone. I also have uniden phones. All my uniden phones have caller ID and work. Since Comcast brought my panasconic phone w/base next to the modem, they no longer give me caller ID.
JA: How old is the phone?
Customer: nearly 2 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?
Customer: Only since Comcast put my base phone next to the modem. 2 months.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
9/25/2017
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Can you tell me why the base station was moved?

2) Do ALL Panasonic handsets have this Caller ID issue, but work otherwise - to make and receive calls?

3) Is the Uniden set connected to a different phone jack?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Comcast said it needed a base station near the modem and hookup to it. 2. yes, all 4. 3. yes

OK - would it be possible to move the Panasonic base to the phone jack where the Uniden is connected - as a TEST?

And at the same time, put the Uniden where the Panasonic was - to see if the Caller ID still works at that location?

Please let me know.

I will try it. wait!

Take as much time as needed.

A TEST CALL will also be needed - to see if the Caller ID works with either or both connections.

When will you send me a phone call?

Sorry - the phone line I have access to was in use.

I can try to call in just a few minutes.

Thanks

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer
Phone call session started

Calling now.

Thanks for the call Daniel.

Please try the FILTER in the line that is NOT showing the caller ID, then place another TEST CALL to the Comcast system and let it ring at least 2 times.

Hopefully the filter will get ALL phone jacks working.

Let me know if you have any more phone system questions here.

Take Care, Greg A.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer