Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

Phone keeps saying "line in use" when it's not and calls…

Customer Question
Phone keeps saying "line...

Phone keeps saying "line in use" when it's not and calls going right to voicemail - programmed, but do not know what I am doing wrong

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Brand new out of box

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Tried re-programming by taking out power cord which reset phone temporarily but did not solve problem -- flashing light just went off when I received a call during this chat but went back on again

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Phone Expert to know before I connect you?

Love the phone and its capabilities if I can get this problem solved

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/24/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

Can you tell me a bit more about the problem please:

1) If you have multiple handsets (within the same system), does this happen with all of them?
2) Are there other phones or even a fax, outside of this system but on the same line? If so are they working properly?
3) Is this a landline from the local phone/cable company, or a VOIP service (vonage/magicjack/etc)?
4) Do you have dsl service on the same line?
5) Full model of the phone(s) (printed on sticker on the main base station, not the handset)

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.