Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a panasonic 6.0 Plus cordless phone system. The Cell…

Customer Question
I have a panasonic...

I have a panasonic 6.0 Plus cordless phone system. The Cell 1 light is lit up and we cannot get a dial tone on our cordless phones

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Probably 4 years maybe more

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I have unplugged the phone from the wall and the jack. Its been about a month

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

No just need to get the light off on thebase unit and then I think it will work

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/23/2017
Electronics Technician: Greg A., Engineer replied 10 months ago
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) The FULL Model Number of the phone system you are working with? If this is a cordless system, that model should be printed on a sticker on the bottom or back of the MAIN base station (6.0 does not identify the specific model).

2) Has ANY cell phone actually been "paired" to the system in the past, and is close by?

3) What landline phone service provider (phone company) you have for this phone line?

4) Do you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I am NOT available by phone at the moment.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

Model # KX-TG7745S
TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE NO OTHER PHONE IS PAIRED. Our landline is verizon. If I can figure out how to get the cell 1 light out I think our phones will work.

Hi again and thanks for that information.

If you can, please let me know IF you have ANY other devices/phones (NOT part of the Panasonic system) attached to this same phone line and if so, are they working properly?

The Cell 1 light should NOT be lit IF a cell phone or other Bluetooth device has not be registered (paired) to the system - so that concerns me.

As a TEST, please try the following steps - using a cordless handset - to see if there are ANY Bluetooth devices paired to the system.

1) Pick up cordless handset and press MENU # 1 3 4 (pound-one-three-four).

That SHOULD bring up a list of devices paired to the system.

2) Use the UP and DOWN arrows to scroll through that list.

Tell me EXACTLY what you see on the list - even if it is empty.

I look forward to your responses.

Thanks, ***** *****

(im)

Hi again,

I see it has been a while and I haven't seen a response on this page, so I just wanted to follow up to see if you have any more questions concerning this issue OR if the issue was resolved?

I look forward to any further questions or results that you may have.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-
(im)

It was my phone, I unpaired it but the line still isn’t working I called verizon

Hi again and thanks for coming back.

If I can ask for a bit more detail:

When you say " It was my phone" does that mean that a DIFFERENT phone was connected to the line and worked OR the Panasonic phone was TESTED at a different location and did NOT work?

In other words, do you now have some kind of WORKING phone & phone service?

Thanks