Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a answering device with 4 cordless phones. how do i…

Customer Question
I have a answering...

I have a answering device with 4 cordless phones. how do i disconnect call waiting? service is through magic jack

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

Dont know

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

Is there a way to stop call waiting as my wife uses phone for business. when she is on the phone and another call comes in she gets a beep tone indicating another call. is there a way to turn call wating off?

Submitted: 10 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/21/2017
Electronics Technician: Nathan, Technician replied 10 months ago
Nathan, Technician

Hi, I'm Nathan.
Sorry to hear that you're having trouble, but I'll do my best to help you. Please give me a few moments to review your details here.

This is not a function of your phone or answering system, call waiting is a feature provided by phone company, so you would have to contact magicjack to see if they could remove that feature from the account. I will caution you up front though that you are not likely to see any results. MJ service and support is notoriously poor, in fact they really have no tech support to speak of and you can really reach them only in the instance of needing to pay a bill. Their service is very basic and simplistic and they do not offer different service options you can subscribe to, so I have no expectation of being able to remove that feature. With the lower quality services like MJ, you get what you pay for and that is basic service with no support behind it, just the standard package that cannot be changed. What you may want to consider is switching to another provider that would offer the desired services and would support their product, such as ooma or vonage, both of which do offer the option to adjust what features are used on your account.

My apologies for the news,

Hello, it appears your question is still open.

Do you need more help with this?
If so, just reply back on this page. If I’ve answered your question, please let me know you are satisfied, to conclude our session – this is the only way I am credited for my work as an independent technician.

Please note: You have already paid your fee to the site; I'd like to help you and provide value for that fee, but I do need to communicate with you here to do so, if more help is needed.