Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

My cordless Panasonic atached to magic right now niether is…

Customer Question
My cordless Panasonic atached...

My cordless Panasonic atached to magic jack right now niether is working.

Technician's Assistant: What's the make/model of your device? How old is it?

Made in china #pngt7141za

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

It's been down for a couple of days,and Magic dose not seem to no what to do.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

So far that's all.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
9/20/2017
Electronics Technician: Louie, Technician replied 8 months ago
Louie, Technician

Hi and welcome to JustAnswer, I’m Louie. Sorry you had to wait awhile but I’ll do my best to help.
Initially, re-confirm and post back with the complete model number of the "...cordless Panasonic..."
And to avoid asking you to do something you've already tried, can you please tell me what / any and all troubleshooting / specific steps you've already attempted other than / to address the above.

This is an independent site and members of this online community provide information, repair tips, technical assistance as a form of paid Q & A service.

I've tried to connect magicjack through the phone and the router like magicjack instruckted me to do and no luck so far. I'm supposed to be able to call anyone and with these new devices it's just not working You should have told me about the phone at first .

Have you had the magicJack device detected and registered?

Please click HERE.

And have you created a magicJack account?

Click HERE.

the complete model # is PNGT7141ZA

The model number of the base unit please?

A "...PNGT7141ZA..." would appear to be part of the handset's charging system.

The only numbers I have here are the munbers I gave you. I don't have the box that the phone came in, I've had this phone for three years and its worked fine until now.
mode l# *****
the message says that users mail box is full. how do you empty it.

A KX-TGFA30 is the handset. The base unit please?

Underneath the base unit itself; perhaps a name plate or sticker.

Is there a blue LED light lit at the magicJack device?

Does the base unit display the usual/expected information on its display screen?

Try PNLC1040

The "...PNLC1040..." would also appear to be part of the handset's charging system.

The main base unit please.

model KX-T6f353N

Appreciate the additional information:

• what is displayed on the Panasonic KX-TGF350 main base unit's screen?
  • what LED lights are lighted at the magicJack device?
  • have you created a magicJack account?
  • have you had the magicJack device detected and registered?
check tel line
I have had the magic jack devices detected and registered..

Is there a blue LED light at the magicJack device?

the lights are the blue lights on top and the green and yellow lights on the rear

Have you checked / replaced the telephone wire from the magicJack device to the Panasonic KX-TGF350?

I'm working from a hand set in my office. The wires connected in here are the phone and the router both from the express device.
the main phone base is in the kitchen.

I understand "...hand set in my office..."

Bear with me; can we check the Panasonic's main/base unit in the kitchen? ...try use the corded handset? ...use the SP-PHONE? to determine if there is a dialtone?

I'm getting a busy signal from the main receiver in the kitchen

Can you please check / ensure that the corded handset sits correctly into its cradle?

...then after 5 minutes, try the SP-PHONE button?

Reciever snug in the cradle but still getting busy signal

Can we get back to the office and disconnect the telephone wire from the Panasonic KX-TGF350 to the magicJack device?

Wait 5 minutes and please call your magicJack number using your cellphone? ...determine if you can hear it ringing in your cellphone?

there is no tele wire from MJ to Panasonic hand base set.

Sorry, no; the telephone wire from the magicJack device to the kitchen's main/base unit.

the only device is the express device that's in the wall along with the phone line and the router
which is in my office

The magicJack has to be connected to the kitchen's main base unit.

Please click HERE.

the only sound that I Get from the cell phone is the line is full no more messags
theirs got to bee another way It was doing fine in here before

IF the mJ and the Panasonic are "...doing fine in here before...", THEN this connecting wire is highly suspect.

Do you have such a connecting wire even shorted (for test purposes) ?

I had to call the computer Guy to come in and change the router because the computer went doun
MJ even said that they don't understand why it's not working

Please consider:

• take pictures of the mJ device, the router and the connections;
  • disconnect the mJ device, its AC wall adapter and its telephone wire;
  • allow this disconnected condition for an extended period of time;
  • the longer the better;
  • reconnect;
  • try again and determine if symptom persist.
I'll check in with you tomorrow

Yes please; tomorrow or when conveniently able.

Greg A.
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer