Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I have a Panasonic Link To Cell Blue Tooth Convergence

I have a Panasonic...

I have a Panasonic Link To Cell Blue Tooth Convergence Solution Answering machine Model KX-TG5855K. I set it up to answer my land line as well as my cell phone. I would like to take the cell phone off of it. But cant figure out how to do it. The instructions in the booklet aren't clear to me.

Technician's Assistant: How old is the phone?

***** *****

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

I believe it is less than a year.

Technician's Assistant: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?

I think that would do it.

9/20/2017
Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer

Hello & Welcome to Just Answer,

I'm Greg and will do my best to assist with this issue today.

Sorry I didn't see your question earlier and to hear of any issue you are having with your phones.

To help you with this issue, may I ask:

1) Is the cell phone paired as Cell 1 or Cell 2?

2) Can you tell me if ANY steps have been tried yet, and if so, what those steps were and where you got stuck?

Please REPLY using the box below and the SEND button.
*** IMPORTANT NOTE: *** ANY requests for "additional services" (such as a phone call) are OPTIONAL and sent BY THE SITE AUTOMATICALLY (and not me), and I may NOT be available by phone.
Feel free to DECLINE (close) any such offers, and continue in this text/chat form.

Thanks

It shows up as Cell 1. I have tried menu # 6251 and it doesn't seem to work. This is using the base set

OK - I see that the #6251 is the code is for "disconnecting manually".

Please try the "Unpair" code - which is #6111

I have attached the instructions for that, as an image below. You may have to click the link to see that image.

Let me know if that works for you.

Thanks

When I type in #6111 I do not get a yes as an answer. It shows only the cursor and equal sign and below that clear.

I believe that is what is suppose to happen.

AFTER the MENU #6111, use the UP/DOWN arrows to make the "yes" appear, then SELECT should show on the screen, where you can press the soft key below it.

NOTE: This should all be done on a cordless handset.

Let me know if that works for you.

After I push # 6111 I try the up and down keys and don't ever find select. Maybe I don't know what is a soft key. And do I need to select menu and if so how is that done

Hi again,

A "soft key" is actually a "button" that is below the display.

It's called a soft key because its function CHANGES - depending on what programming is being performed.

So what you are looking for is the ability to use the UP or DOWN arrows - after the using the particular Direct Command code.

As a test, please use a handset - while the system is NOT on a call, and

Press MENU, then #6111 (pound-six-one-one-one) and then let me know EXACTLY what you see on the display - from top to bottom.

Thanks

I was only getting 3 numbers so I thought it wouldn't work. When I typed the 4th number it all fell into place,

That is correct - the display only shows THREE numbers, but go ahead and press the last number anyway.

Then tell me what you see - across the top of the display and then all the way to the bottom.

I did and it worked . Its my wife's B. Day so I am taking her out to dinner. Thank you for your help. The 3 # slot really confused me. Good night.

EXCELLENT!

Please let me know if you have any more questions.
If this has helped answer your question(s), please take a moment to rate MY service level (5-star is my goal) so that I get credit for my time helping you with this question.
You should see some "stars" (and SUBMIT button) to do that, but please let me know if you do NOT see them (you may have to REFRESH your screen) or can not use them.

Thanks, ***** *****
--. .-

Greg A.
Greg A., Engineer