Phone Systems

Ask a Phone Systems Question, Get an Answer ASAP!

I don't have the password to change the message tree for…

Customer Question
I don't have the...

I don't have the password ***** change the message tree for incoming calls.

Technician's Assistant: Just to clarify, what's the exact make and model of your machine?

Sorry. Nortel Networks T7316e

Technician's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What troubleshooting have you tried?

We haven't been using the voicemail system because no one had the password ***** the main tree to change the greeting, etc as new employees came in.I tried the(###) ###-####passwords, but they haven't worked.

Submitted: 11 months ago.Category: Phone Systems
Answered in 5 days by:
9/26/2017
Electronics Technician: Josh, Customer Service replied 10 months ago
Josh, Customer Service

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you. Let's get started!

Which password ***** you need help with?

I need help with the admin password ***** the phone tree message system

Press the "Feature" button on the Norstar unit. Enter the digits "985." The phone will display "Set: (Your" once the feature code has been entered.

Tap the "9" key on the phone to display "PSWD." Enter the code "73738767793."

Push the "YES" button on the unit when the "RESET PSWD?" message appears on the display screen. The message "Password *****" will appear in the phone display and the password ***** be returned to its default setting, based upon your model of phone.

Press the "Feature" button again and enter "983" into the phone system. "LOG" appears on the screen. Enter the default password ***** the phone system. The default password ***** a system that used two-digit extensions is "120000," the password ***** a three-digit phone system is "1020000," and the password ***** a four-digit phone system is "10020000."

Josh,
I will try what you've said, and I would probably like you to talk me through it if this doesn't work initially. Right now we have 4 of us out of the office and I am covered over. Right now is not a good time for a phone call.

Sure; take your time.